This is another wintery recipe, a stir-fry of celeriac and mushrooms, with lentils and rice cooked together in one pot. It takes about 30 minutes to prepare. I used dried tomatoes, porcini mushrooms, tomato puree, black bean paste and garlic oil for the umami.
For two people:
- Fresh ingredients:
- half a celeriac (300 g)
- 1 pack chestnut mushrooms (200 g)
- 1 cm fresh ginger, finely chopped
- From the store cupboard
- 1 cup green lentils
- 1 cup brown rice
- 5 dried tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons dried porcini mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon black bean paste
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
- 1 teaspoon tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Wash the rice and the lentils
- Soak the 4 tomatoes & 1 1/2 porcini in hot water
- Put the lentils and rice in a pot with 4 cups of water. Add the cumin, one finely-cut dried tomato and half a tablespoon of porcini mushrooms in small pieces. Cook on the hob or in the microwave.
- Peel and dice the celeriac and cook in the microwave for 4 minutes at full power (900 W).
- Heat the oil in the frying pan.
- When the oil is hot, fry ginger, seeds and spices for a few minutes.
- Slice the mushrooms very fine and fry them for a few minutes over high heat.
- Add the soaked tomatoes and porcini, finely cut, and fry for a few more minutes.
- Add the celeriac, fry some more over medium heat
- Add the soy sauce, fry some more.
- Add the bean paste and tomato puree, fry a little bit more, add a tablespoon of soaking liquid and serve.