This recipe is my own take on a recipe from “Sarah Brown’s Vegetarian Cookbook”. It’s very easy to make and guaranteed to impress your guests.
For two people:
- Fresh ingredients and groceries
- 2 yellow or orange bell peppers
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 2 slices of brown bread
- 2 tablespoons muesli
- 1 teaspoon chopped ginger
- From the store cupboard
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
- 1 tin chickpeas
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic oil
- Cook the rice (see basics for how to cook rice).
- While the rice is cooking:
- Make the filling for the peppers: crumble the bread and mix it with the muesli, a tablespoon of olive oil, a teaspoon of soy sauce and the coriander.
- Wash the peppers, cut off the top and remove the seeds from the inside.
- Stuff the peppers with the filling.
- Chop the tomatoes into small bits.
- Put half of the chopped tomatoes on top of the filling, then put the top of the pepper back on.
- Put in the microwave for 8-10 minutes on full power (900W).
- While the peppers are cooking:
- Rinse the chickpeas and put them in a microwave pot with the other half of the chopped tomatoes, the ginger, the seeds, a teaspoon of soy sauce and a teaspoon of garlic oil.
- Cook the chickpeas in the microwave for 4 minutes on full power (900W).