This is a really quick and simple stir-fry of carrots and chickpeas, ready in 15 minutes, and very tasty. I serve this with maftoul (Palestinian or giant couscous) and garnish with fresh coriander.
For two people:
- Fresh ingredients and groceries
- about 400 g carrots
- 1 teaspoon chopped ginger
- fresh coriander
- From the store cupboard
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 tin chickpeas
- 1 cup maftoul (Palestinian or giant couscous)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 teaspoons soy sauce
- Put the maftoul in a microwave pot with 1.5 cups of water and a teaspoon soy sauce and cook for 4 minutes at full power (900W).
- Meanwhile, wash and dice the carrots. Cook them in the microwave, about 5 minutes on full power (900W).
- When the carrots are done, stir the maftoul, then cook it for 4 more minutes on full power (900W).
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil and fry the ginger, spices and seeds for a few minutes on medium heat.
- Add the chickpeas and fry for a few minutes on high heat.
- Add the soy sauce and stir.
- Add the carrots and stir-fry on high heat for a few minutes.