This simple stir-fry of carrots, potatoes and chick peas is a very easy to make one-pan meal. The tomato puree adds extra umami, you could also use dried tomatoes.
For two people:
- Fresh ingredients:
- 400 gr potatoes
- 400 gr carrots
- 1 teaspoon ginger, cut fine
- From the store cupboard
- 1 tin chickpeas
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- Wash the chickpeas and drain in a sieve.
- Wash the potatoes and dice them.
- Wash the carrots and cut them into strips. I cut them into three lengthwise and then into chunks of about 4 cm).
- Cook the potatoes in the microwave for 6 minutes at full power (900 W).
- Add the carrots, and cook for another 6 minutes at full power (900 W).
- Fry the spices, seeds and ginger over medium heat for a few minutes.
- Add the chickpeas and stir-fry for two minutes over high heat.
- Add the soy sauce and stir-fry for a minute over high heat.
- Add the potatoes and carrots and stir-fry for a few more minutes over medium heat.
- Add the tomato puree and stir over low heat until it no longer visible.