This is a great festive meal, a rich bake of aubergines, mushrooms and potatoes with cream and cheese. It takes a bit longer, about 45 minutes, that’s why I only make it on special occasions.
For two people:
- 400 g baking potatoes
- 2 medium aubergines
- 1 pack mushrooms (200 g)
- half a cup of dried porcini mushrooms or other dried mushrooms
- 150 ml double cream
- 75 g cream cheese
- one cup of grated Grana Padano or parmezan
For seasoning I used:
- a 1 cm piece of ginger, chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon pine kernels
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons garlic oil a pinch of salt a some freshly ground pepper
- a tablespoon olive oil
- Soak the dried mushrooms in a large cup of boiling water for about 20 minutes.
- Wash the potatoes and cook them in the microwave for 5 minutes at full power (900W), shake or stir them, then cook for another 5 minutes.
- Wash the aubergines, slice them and cook them in the microwave for 7 minutes at full power (900W).
- Wash and slice the mushrooms.
- Heat the oil, fry the spices and ginger over medium heat for a few minutes and add the mushrooms.
- Fry for a few minutes over high heat, then add the pine kernels.
- When the mushrooms have released their liquid, drain it into a cup.
- Add the soaked dried mushrooms and fry for a few more minutes, then add the salt and the garlic oil and switch of the heat.
- Slice the cooked potatoes and let them cool for a while.
- Combine the cream cheese and cream and whisk with a fork until the mixture is smooth.
- In a heatproof glass dish with a cover, put a layer of potato slices, and pour over part of the mixture. Then add a layer of aubergines and cover with the fried mushrooms, and so on.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese on top and put covered in the microwave for 5 minutes at full power (900W).
- Uncover and grill for 3 minutes.