This is a quick take on a very famous Italian recipe, but with asparagus instead of green beans because they were in season.
For two people:
- Fresh ingredients:
- 200 g small potatoes
- 150 g green asparagus
- 50 g hard cheese (grana padano or parmezan), grated
- 2 tablespoons basil and pine nut pesto
- 100 ml double cream
- From the store cupboard
- 200 g linguine
- 1 tablespoon pine kernels
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic oil
- Cook the linguine (see basics for how to cook pasta).
- While the pasta is cooking:
- Cook the potatoes in the microwave, about 5 minutes at full power (900W).
- Wash the asparagus, put it immediately in a microwave pot and cook in the microwave for 2 minutes on full power (900W).
- Heat the oil and fry the pine kernels for a few minutes. Add the cream and pesto and stir into s smooth sauce.
- Dice the potatoes and chop the beans.
- When the pasta is ready, serve with the asparagus, potatoes, sauce, cheese and some black pepper.