This is a really easy and super quick recipe, ready in 15 minutes (the time to cook the pasta). The miso dressing and golden sesame seeds make it special. Miso paste is a Japanese seasoning made from fermented soy beans, the taste is salty and very rich. Golden sesame seeds (irigoma) are also very commonly used in Japan, they add a delicous nutty flavour. You can find both in most supermarkets.
For two people:
- Fresh ingredients and groceries
- 1 cucumber
- From the store cupboard
- 1 tin chickpeas
- 200 g pasta (I used rigatoni)
- 1 teaspoon miso
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon golden sesame seeds
- Cook the pasta (see basics for how to cook pasta).
- While the pasta is cooking:
- Peel and slice the cucumber.
- Rinse and drain the chickpeas.
- Mix the miso, oil and vinegar in a bowl into a smooth dressing.
- Serve the pasta with the cucumber and chickpeas. Season with the dressing and sprinkle on the sesame seeds.