As this is the hottest summer in 40 years, I wanted to make something refreshing. This is a cold pasta with raw carrots and raw chestnut mushrooms, with a vinaigrette style dressing but using lemon juice rather than vinegar.
For two people:
- Fresh ingredients & groceries
- 300 g carrots
- 1 pack (200 g) chestnut mushrooms
- 50 g green olives
- 1 cm ginger, chopped very fine
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup grated hard cheese (parmezan or grana padano)
- From the store cupboard
- 200 g pasta (linguine )
- 3 dried tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon toubandjan (black bean paste)
- some pepper
- Cook the pasta (see basics for how to cook pasta). Add the dried tomatoes to the water from the start.
- While the pasta is cooking:
- Wash, scrape or peel the carrots and chop them finely.
- Wash the mushrooms and chop them in thin slices and add them to the carrots.
- Add the olives and the pumpkin seeds.
- Mix the lemon juice, 1 tablespoon olive oil, ginger, tomato puree and toubandjan and some pepper.
- Pour this dressing over the vegetables and mix well.
- Take the dried tomatoes out of the water, chop them and add to the vegetables.
- Toss the pasta in the remaining olive oil.
- Serve the pasta in a deep bowl with the mushrooms and carrots on top.
- Sprinkle on the grated cheese.