This is one of my favourite recipes, very easy to make, ready in 15 minutes and very tasty. You can also make this with courgettes instead of tomatoes.
For two people:
- Fresh ingredients:
- 4 large tomatoes
- 200-250 g halloumi cheese (1 pack)
- From the store cupboard
- a handful of pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup of basmati rice, slightly less than 2 cups of water
- Cook the rice (see basics for how to cook rice).
- While the rice is cooking:
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
- Take a shallow dish with a lid, large enough to so that you can put the tomato halves next to one another. I use a heat resistant glass dish.
- Cut the halloumi in thin slices (2-3 mm) and cover the tomatoes with it.
- Sprinkle the pumpkin seeds on top.
- Put the lid on and put in the microwave for 5 minutes at full power (assuming a 900W microwave, Cat. E).
- Let it sit for 1-2 minutes, then cook for another 2 minutes at full power.
- If you used basmati rice, it will be ready too, serve and enjoy!