A tortilla is a Spanish-style omelette with potatoes, very quick and easy to make. Adding mushrooms and pine kernels makes for a great combination. I usually serve this with a green side salad.
For two people:
- Fresh ingredients and groceries
- 4 medium eggs
- 400 g medium potatoes
- a pack of chestnut mushrooms (about 200g)
- a cup of grated hard cheese (Grana Padano or parmezan)
- From the store cupboard
- a handful of pine kernels
- three dried tomatoes
- a teaspoon ground cumin
- a tablespoon of olive oil
- a drizzle of garlic oil (optional)
- Wash the potatoes. Cook them in the microwave, about 8-10 minutes on full power (900W). Stir after 5 minutes.
- While the potatoes are cooking:
- Soak the dried tomatoes in a cup of boiled water for about 10 minutes.
- Wash and slice the mushrooms.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl until you have a smooth mixture.
- Dice the cooked potatoes.
- Stir-fry the mushrooms, cumin and pine kernels in olive oil until the mushrooms start to release their liquid.
- Add the potatoes and dried tomatoes and stir-fry for a few more minutes.
- Lower the heat to minimum setting and pour the egg mixture in the pan, moving the pan around so it distributes evenly.
- Let the tortilla simmer with the lid on until the egg has set.
- Drizzle on some garlic oil and sprinkle on the cheese.