Yakisoba (焼きそば) means “fried soba noodles”. This is a stir fry of carrots and soy beams with soba noodles added to the pan.
For two people:
- Main ingredients:
- 200 g soba noodles
- 1 cup of frozen soy beans (edamame)
- 400 g carrots
- 5 dried shiitake (soaked)
- some celery
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon miso
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Cook the soba noodles for 5 minutes in plenty of water. Wash carefully and drain.
- Meanwhile, microwave the soy beans for 2 minutes at full power (900W).
- Meanwhile, cut the carrots and the celery into julienne strips and cook them in the microwave at full power (900W) for 2 to 3 minutes. Drain the cooking liquid into a small bowl.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil and fry the sesame seeds and ginger for a minute.
- Add the carrots and celery and fry over high heat for a minute or maybe two, depending on how fine you cut them.
- Add the shiitake and soy beans to the pan and fry for a few minutes over low heat.
- Lower the heat and let simmer.
- Meanwhile, mix the cooking liquid with the miso.
- Add the mixture to the pan, add the cooked soba noodles and fry over medium heat until the liquid has completely gone.