Asparagus is a delicious vegetable that needs very little preparation. I combined it with pan-fried paneer and fresh rocket and courgettes to make an original summer salad.
For two people:
- Fresh ingredients and groceries
- 100-150 g asparagus
- 1 medium courgette (about 150 g)
- 1 teaspoon chopped ginger
- a pack of paneer
- 1 tablespoon butter or oil for frying
- From the store cupboard
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup of basmati rice
- Cook the rice (see basics for how to cook rice).
- While the rice is cooking:
- Wash the courgette, peel it partially (I leave on half of the skin in lengthwise strips) and slice it thinly.
- Wash the rocket if required.
- Wash the asparagus, put it immediately in a microwave pot and cook in the microwave for 2 minutes on full power (900W).
- While the asparagus is cooking:
- Heat the oil or butter and fry the seeds, ginger and coriander.
- Fry the paneer over high heat until it starts to brown (just a few minutes).
- Chop the asparagus into pieces of 3-4 cm.
- Lower the heat, add the asparagus and fry for just a few minutes.
- Serve the asparagus and paneer on a bed of the rocket and courgettes. I served the rice in separate bowls.