This is a simple and quick recipe for delicious brownies with very few ingredients. It uses dates as a natural source of sugar. The rich high-cocoa content chocolate makes butter unnecessary so they happen to be vegan. The amounts are for two brownies.
- 50 g dark chocolate (70% cocoa)
- 25 g extra dark chocolate (85% cocoa)
- 50 g Medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- 50 self-rising white wheat flour
- 5 tablespoons tepid water
- 12 g walnuts
- 1 teaspoon candied orange peel (optional)
- Heat the chocolate au bain marie, ideally at 35 °C.
- When the chocolate has melted, gradually add the flour, mixing thoroughly.
- Add 2 tablespoons of water, mix well.
- Then add the dates and the organge peel, mix well while adding in the rest of the water. The mixture must be moist and stick together.
- Then add the walnuts. You can also simply push the walnuts into the dough just before baking.
- Put the mixture in small ramekins lined with aluminium foil.
- Preheat the oven on 160 °C and bake for 25 minutes at 160 °C.
- Leave to cool in the ramekins.