This is one of my favourite recipes, very easy to make, super quick and very tasty.
For two people:
- Fresh ingredients:
- 2 medium courgettes (15-20 cm)
- 200 g feta cheese (1 pack). I usually look out for feta with relatively low salt content, less than 2 g/100 g.
- From the store cupboard
- a handful of pine kernels
- a drizzle of garlic oil
- 1 cup of basmati rice
- Cook the rice (see basics for how to cook rice).
- While the rice is cooking:
- Cut the courgettes in half.
- Take a shallow dish with a lid, large enough to so that you can put the courgette halves next to one another. I use a heat resistant glass dish.
- Cut the feta in thin slices (2-3 mm) and cover the courgettes with it.
- Sprinkle the pine kernels on top and drizzle on a little garlic oil.
- Put the lid on and put in the microwave for 5 minutes at full power (assuming a 900W microwave, Cat. E).
- Let it sit for 1-2 minutes, then cook for another 5 minutes at full power. The feta will start to brown around the edges, this is normal and tastes great.
- If you used basmati rice, it will be ready too, serve and enjoy!