This is a simple and low-tech recipe for frozen yoghurt with just two ingredients. It uses dates as a natural source of sugar. The amounts are for two portions.
- 250 g Greek style yoghurt
- 50 g Medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- 1 teaspoon candied orange peel (optional)
- Put the yoghurt, dates and orange peel in a freezer-safe container and stir.
- For the lazy way, place the mixture in the fridge for a few hours or overnight (so the dates will dissolve) and stir; for the quick way, blend the mixture.
- Put the container in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Stir the mixture well. Make sure to loosen ice forming on the walls of the container and to mix it in.
- Repeat the freezing and stirring until you get the desired consistency. For soft ice texture this will take about four more cycles, for a more solid texture about seven.