This is the second of my Murakami meals. It’s a very quick meal, hardly any cooking at all!
For two people:
- Main ingredients:
- a pack of soba noodles
- a cup of frozen soy beans
- a large carrot
- a tomato
- half a teaspoon dried wakame seaweed
- For seasoning I used:
- some soy sauce
- half a cm piece of ginger, thinly sliced
- some rice vinegar
- some ume vinegar
- Soak the wakame seaweed in about half a liter of cold water for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the soba noodles for 5 minutes on the hob. For a great explanation of how to cook soba noodles, see Makiko Ito’s site Just Hungry.
- Meanwhile, cook the beans for 3 minutes in the microwave at full power (900W).
- Wash and slice the tomato and the carrot.
- Strain the wakame.
- Serve in four bowls:
- the carrots seasoned with ume vinegar and rice vinegar and a little soy sauce,
- the tomato slices seasoned with rice vinegar and soy sauce,
- the beans with soy sauce and some ginger,
- the wakame seaweed.
- Serve the noodles in bowls. Sprinkle with some shichimi, sesame seeds (irigoma) and soy sauce. おいしい！