Potatoes and yellow peppers in one pan may seem like an unusual combination but it works really well. Puy lentils with dried tomatoes and porcini mushrooms are the ideal complement.
For two people:
- Fresh ingredients:
- 400 g potatoes
- 2 yellow peppers
- 1 cup Puy lentils
- 1 cm ginger, chopped fine
- From the store cupboard
- 3 dried tomatoes, cut into pieces of about 1/2 cm
- a handful dried porcini mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 tablespoons almond flakes
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- a pinch of salt
- a teaspoon of garlic oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil for frying
- Wash the porcini mushrooms.
- Put the lentils, dried tomatoes and porcini mushrooms in a pot with a teaspoon of ground cumin and 2 1/2 cups water (2 cups water for 1 cup lentils, another 1/2 cup for the dried tomatoes & porcini mushrooms).
- Cook on the hob over medium heat until there is hardly any liquid left in the pot (typically 20-25 minutes).
- Meanwhile, prepare the potatoes and yellow peppers:
- Put potatoes and peppers together in microwave, cook for 6 minutes at full power (900W) then shake and cook for another 6 minutes, check if potatoes are done and if not give it a few more minutes.
- Drain the liquid
- Heat the oil, fry the ginger, seeds and spices over medium heat.
- Add the potatoes and yellow peppers and the almond flakes and stir-fry over high heat until it starts to brown a bit.
- Lower the heat, sprinkle on some garlic oil and salt.